The world is currently faced with a global pandemic of COVID-19, a new virus that spreads rapidly through droplet infection especially in crowded places and causes illness. COVID 19 is a new virus, and as such, there is no immunity against it. It is important that we practice preventive measures to stop the spread of the virus.
Respiratory Transmission: COVID-19 is an illness that is spread mainly from person-to-person through close contact from respiratory droplets of someone with COVID-19. The respiratory droplets can travel up to two meters when we cough, sneeze, or talk.
Contaminated Surfaces: It’s possible for a person to get COVID-19 by touching surfaces or objects that have the virus on them and then touching their mouth, nose, or eyes. This new coronavirus can survive on plastic and stainless steel surfaces for up to 72 hours.
Levy Business Park has developed the following guidelines to provide information to the general public on how to prevent infection and spreading of COVID-19 and management expects that all tenants and visitors to the mall adhere to these guidelines:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Keep a two-meter distance from others, when possible.
- Wash your hands often, and avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Wear a face mask or covering.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Protection & Monitoring Employee Health
- Every tenant at the mall should develop and communicate staff policies concerning staff health and
safety, including attendance policies and staff screening for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Every tenant should be aware of what to do if there is a case of COVID-19 in the
- Regularly update your employees with information on COVID-19 as provided by the Ministry of Health.
- Post signs at entrances explaining COVID-19 symptoms and the conditions for entry.
- Those with symptoms should not enter the mall to avoid spreading the virus.